12 Large Raw Prawns, shell off
1 good pinch of El Avion Saffron (Filament)
O-Med Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Catalina Anchovy fillets
1 splash of Tenuta Roletto Erbaluce di Caluso DOCG (white wine)
1 jar of Sapuri Cherry tomato in cherry tomato sauce
2 cloves of garlic
2 fresh long red chillies
1x 500g packet of Benedetto Cavalieri Linguine
To serve – rocket and lemon zest
- Put the saffron in a little bowl and pour over a thimble of boiling water. Finely dice the onion and add it to a fry-pan with some olive oil and cook over a medium heat.
- Cook until the onion starts to soften, stirring occasionally. Remove the saffron from the soaking water and add to the pan with the anchovy fillets.
- Turn up the heat and add the wine and cook it away, before adding the tinned tomatoes, ½ cup of water and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for around 12 minutes. Once cooked down, blitz the tomato mixture into a fine sauce.
- Meanwhile, put a pot of salted water on to the boil, add the linguine and cook for around 7-8 minutes until the pasta is al dente.
- Peel and finely slice the garlic, finely slice the chilli and # fennel.
- Place a large pan on a high heat, add some olive oil, followed by the garlic and chilli. Toss in the prawns and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour over the tomato sauce made earlier and bring to a simmer.
- Drain your cook pasta (al dente) and place it on top of the sauce. Stir through and serve with a handful of rocket and lemon zest and a drizzle of Extra Virgin olive oil.
Enjoy with the remainder of the Tenuta Roletto Erbaluce di Caluso DOCG! Buon Appetito!