September’s Recipe of the Month is the delicious Risotto All’Isolana. We hope that you enjoy!
350g Vialone Nano Lodigiana
½ onion, diced
25ml O-Med Extra Virgin Olive Oil
100g of veal tenderloin, minced
100g of pork loin, minced
1 splash of Passerina del Frusinate (white wine)
100g Pepe Saya Cultured Butter
90g Grana Padana Cheese, grated
1.5lt of Chicken Stock
1 tbs Herbies Cinnamon
- Cut the onion in half and finely dice. Add to the pan with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a sprig of Rosemary.
- Allow the onion to sweat, turning blonde in colour, then add the pork and veal to the pan and allow it to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the Vialone Nano Rice and toast it for about 5 minutes until it becomes slightly translucent. Add half a glass of the white wine.
- Once the alcohol has evaporated, add enough chicken stock to cover rice. Cook over a low heat until the rice absorbs all of the liquid.
- Repeat again adding more stock until the rice is cooked ‘al dente’.
- “Mantecare il riso” – this part is very crucial to obtain the final result, which is a mixing procedure between the rice, butter, cheese and the spices.
- Add the butter to the pan and turn off the heat. Mix quickly until the butter melts. Add the grated Grana Padana Cheese and the cinnamon.
- In a flat plate, spread the rice and garnish with some rosemary and a small stick of cinnamon.
- Enjoy with the remainder of the Corte dei Papi Passerina del Frusinate IGP!
The rice, extra virgin olive oil, butter, Grana Padana cheese, chicken stock & Herbies cinnamon are all available from our Norwood and Hyde Park stores.
Our loyalty card customers will receive 10% off the ingredients for the recipe in-store.